I always happens… About this time every year, I get excited to make a December Daily album. I start seeing posts from others and photos and talking about foundation pages and I get really excited to do this album.
Out of the past 5 years, I have completed (or mostly completed) 2 albums. Each year I have started one, but only finished two of them.
Well I did it, today I went and bought supplies for a brand new 2012 December Daily. Not that I really needed to spend any money on more supplies… Those albums that I never finished, well most of the supplies are in a single box in my office at home. But I couldn’t resist.
Purchasing new scrapbooking supplies is always the most fun part of the whole experience anyway.
My ideas for this year:
- I picked up a large pack of Kraft paper, as I plan for that to be the base color instead of just white card stock.
- My album is a little shaped chipboard album by Deja Views (a Little Yellow Bicycle brand). Is approximately 6×8 in size.
- I’m considering making some larger cover pages because I’d really rather the outside covers be the largest part of the book, and for everything to fit nicely inside. I don’t mind the. Inside pages all being different sizes, but the cover really needs to actually cover the entire contents. It’s better protected that way.
- I got lots of red, silver and green glittery pages, letters and other small items. And of course, a pink glittery page to use for my daughter’s 4th birthday (which happens in December).
- I’m thinking that I’ll use my sewing machine to stitch some pages together (the ones that have a boring plain back).
- Also I’ve got some journaling cards from Ali Edwards at Designer Digitals that i’ll print and have ready to stick on pages where needed.
I kinda can’t wait to get home to cut these pages and get them assembled into this album.